The campus offers a variety of funding opportunities each year. The following are great resources to regularly check regarding funding announcements on campus:
• The Undergraduate Research Academy (URA) is now housed in the Center for Student Research. The URA funds faculty & student research teams annually and hosts a series of workshops for undergraduates around best practices and challenges in research. It also prepares them to share their research widely. Students must present their research at either Mountain Lion Research Day or the Colorado Springs Undergraduate Research Forum (CSURF).
• College of Engineering- awards funding for student and faculty researcher teams through the “Engineering and Applied Sciences Undergraduate Research Scholars Program”. The College of Engineering & Applied Science supports its mission of improving health, welfare, and prosperity through research and professional practice. These awards are competitive. For more information please see the College’s website.
• Institutional Research is sponsoring “Doing Research: Collaborative Opportunities with IR” to conduct research on campus with the goal of improving operations, enhancing our culture with data-informed decision-making, and contributing towards our research and creative excellence. Students, faculty, and staff may apply for funding.
• Letters, Arts & Sciences- the College sponsors the “LAS Student-Faculty Research/Creative Work Grants” for LAS undergrad and LAS faculty research teams. Students must present their work at the Colorado Springs Undergraduate Research Forum (CSURF) each spring.
• Office of Research- annually supports research from the Committee on Research and Creative Works (CRCW) awards. The competitive seed-grants fund tenured and tenure-track faculty across campus. The goal of CRCW awards is to objectives of this promote research excellence, to help junior tenure-track faculty members establish research programs, and to assist faculty members in becoming nationally competitive when seeking funding from sources external to UCCS. Including funding for student researchers in a CRCW application is allowed.